Cleaning & PPE
– All surfaces which are accessible to staff and customers will be sanitised every hour. The frequency will be increased depending on customer numbers.
– All external doors will be kept open when weather permits, in the event of closure door handles will be sanitised every 30 minutes.
– The toilets will be cleaned every 30 minutes and the frequency will be increased dependent on usage.
– A toilet cleaning rota will be in use, showing times cleaned and who cleaned them.
– Staff will wash hands every 30 minutes with soap and water, however disposable gloves will be worn when carrying out cleaning duties.
– Outside the entrance to the shop we will show our safety procedure protocol, on a board which will be visible to all visitors, this will also be shown as a separate page on our website and clearly accessible. Staff will encourage social distancing at all times throughout all aspects of the winery’s operation namely the tasting room, the exterior terraces and vineyard walks. As part of this process numbers visiting the tasting room will be managed via a designated staff member on the welcome desk to ensure safe social distancing.
– All customers will enter via our welcome desk and be encouraged to sanitise their hands. Hand sanitising stations will be clearly signposted throughout the shop, terrace areas and outside the front entrance of the winery shop.
– Each customer will be required to give their email address and telephone numbers on arrival, this information will be provided to the government “track and trace” initiative should it be requested. The data will only be held for 21 days unless you consent to your details being added to our database.
– Each customer will be offered an individual order form, in order to avoid customers handling bottles on shelves. All customer orders will be processed by a staff member, who will box and wrap appropriately. Alternatively, customers can verbally place their order with a member of staff
– Payments will be card and contactless only. The card machine will be placed on the sales payment stations, safely distanced from the till point and member of staff. All card machines will be sanitised after each use.
– A designated route will be created in order that all customers enter via the winery shop entrance and at this point are greeted by a designated member of staff at our welcome desk.
– Click and collect orders will be placed at the front entrance of the winery shop under our exterior undercover area. Each order will have clear, printed information of the customer’s name, product etc. Customer pre orders will have an agreed pick up time.
– Signage will advise customers to remain 1m + apart at all times and clear floor signage for social distancing will be displayed throughout the shop and tasting room.
Food and beverage service
– Customers who wish to taste our wines will be given a pre-poured tasting board of 3 wines which will be handed to them at the bar, this will have all tasting notes included on paper so that they can be disposed of and replaced for new customers. The boards will minimise the need for glassware to be handled. Tasting boards will be returned to the bar when finished where each board and glassware will be sanitised.
– Glassware will be utilized for wine by the glass sales. When customers have finished with their glasses they will be asked will put the glass in our designated glass washing racks which are then sanitised in our glass washer at a high temperature. Thus, staff will not handle dirty glasses. Staff will wash and sanitise their hands prior to handling clean glassware.
– Food will be ordered at the bar and customers will be asked for only one person per group to place their order. Customers will tick their food choice on disposable menus. Once ordered customers will be alerted that their order is ready via our buzzer system. The order will be placed at the food collection point together with sealed cutlery and plates ready for the customer to safely collect.
– Customers will be asked to put all used cutlery and plates in the designated washing racks which are then sanitised in the dishwasher at a high temperature. Thus, staff will not handle dirty plates and cutlery. Staff will wash and sanitise their hands prior to handling clean cutlery and plates.
– Within the tasting room, we will be able to accommodate groups from 2 households, at the same table, and will require guests to be seated.
– On our outside terrace, groups which are formed of 2 households can drink and dine at the same table with no restrictions on numbers either seated or standing. However, where groups are formed of more than 2 households at the same table, the group size is capped at 6 people.
– Guided tours comprise three aspects, a 60 minute educational walk around the vineyards, apple orchards and ancient oak woodlands on our 400-acre estate. Secondly learning about winemaking which will be shown as a short film, and finally a tutored tasting. All guided tours have their own private designated first floor internal tasting area with private external terrace. Strict social distancing will be maintained throughout the Estate walk and family groupings will be given their own private table appropriately distanced from other family groups. Our first-floor internal tasting room and external terrace is a substantial area with a considerable amount of tables thus facilitating social distancing. No other members of the public will be allowed in this area during a private tour.
– Tours will be timed in order to ensure that they do not overlap.
– Guided tours will comprise of a maximum of 10 family groupings (of no more than 24 people in total) thus allowing ease of social distancing.
– No members of the public will be allowed to enter the winery production area.
All these guidelines will be reviewed on a regular basis and amended to reflect both changing government guidelines and common-sense safety practices.